Sunday, June 3, 2012

That vintage feeling

          I love this quilt. Since I haven't shared it here before I figured hey I might as well! It has a really simple design and its super fun. The family I made it for had a very specific feel that they wanted to go with. At the same time we didn't quite know how to get there. So off to the store I went. I really had fun picking out the fabrics for this one.
           They are all so beautiful, random, and bright. While I was making it I thought boy this just isn't going to look ok at all. Honestly I don't usual make quilts that have a real vintage feel. I like to stick with color pallets and matching themes. Before modern advances in fabric making I don't think people had the luxury of going to the store and picking 20 different purple fabrics. Ha.
           So the end result has a very homey vintage feeling. It reminds me of something your grandma would give you and you would cherish for life! I love it! These photos were taken by Whitney at http://www.leavesofmytree.blogspot.com She's pretty amazing. Go check her out!

If you would like to order a similar quilt please message me. If you would like the names of some of the prints let me know. I can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment