So I did my best and ended up messing it all up. I was able to back track and figure out how to fix it.
Here are some tips on how to add sashing.
• Add your sashing during strip sewing
• I couldn't figure out how to add the outer sashing. This is where my diamonds were getting all screwed up. So I removed it. It turned out amazing without outer sashing.
• I think that to correctly sew the outer sashing on the diamonds you'd actually need to cut the sashing in half so the total when sewn together equals your sashing width.
• Make sure you figure in any seam allowances. Don't be afraid to play around with two diamond blocks to figure it out before sewing all 8 incorrectly. 😉
Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Haha!
• I cut 14in triangles to create my diamond blocks.